Monday, September 3, 2012

Beanie Babies, BBQ's and Bilbo Baggins

We have been incredibly busy for the last couple of weeks.  We wanted to take advantage of the end of the summer before Trevor started school again.  He started this past Wednesday and is enjoying his classes so far and looking forward to a new semester.  The week before that though, we went out with a bang.  We went to an ice cream social to meet some of the new first year law students on Monday.  It was a lot of fun.  On Tuesday, I went out to a frozen yogurt place with some of the other law wives.  Then on Wednesday, we had some friends over or a movie night.  Thursday, we had a friend over for dinner. 

For the weekend, we drove up to Alexandria, VA to see some friends.  My friend Katie and I were in the room next to each other in the dorms Freshman year of college and we were even in the MTC (Missionary Training Center) at the same time.  Her and her husband recently moved to Alexandria, so we decided to go up for the weekend to visit.  We drove up after Trevor finished his last day of work on Friday and spent the night at our friend's apartment.  It was so much fun to catch up with friends.  We spent the evening talking and playing games.

On Saturday we went to visit Arlington National Cemetery.  We had never been there and was amazed at how big it was. 










We got to watch the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier.  It was really neat to watch.  It was a special experience and was a good reminder for me of all those who have worked hard and sacrificed for us so that we can enjoy this country we live in.


After we left the Arlington National Cemetery, we drove around Old Town Alexandria.  It was really pretty.  We also found an awesome restaurant, Bilbo Baggins Global Restaurant complete with the Green Dragon Pub.  How cool is that!  The food was really good and we had a great time.



I pulled out my stuffed animals that I saved from when I was a kid and he had fun playing with them.  I discovered that I have waaaayyyy too many Beanie Babies.  Grayson sure liked them though.  


He was mostly interested in the tags.




He found the laundry basket.


Grayson really liked his spinach for lunch....mostly playing with it, but hey I'll take anything I can get.



We set up a obstacle course for Grayson because he loves to climb things.


Monday we had a BBQ with some friends.  We love that we can grill right on our balcony.  Trevor makes the best burgers.





























No comments:

Post a Comment