Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Grayson's Twelve Month Stats

Grayson had his twelve month check up last Monday.  He is perfectly healthy and growing just like he should.  He was a champ, even when he got his shots.  He is such a little trooper.  Here are his stats:

Height:  30"  50th percentile
Weight:  23 lbs 12 oz  50th percentile

He is staying right in the middle for height and weight, but his head circumference is now in the 75th percentile.  He is growing the developing so much, it is awesome to watch the change.  He is very perceptive and mimics the things that we do.  He has four teeth now, two on top and two on bottom.  We have started brushing his teeth at night before he goes to bed and the second time I brushed his teeth I let him hold the toothbrush and he tried to brush my teeth.  He knew exactly what it was for.  Now every evening I give him a turn to brush his teeth and he does a good job doing the brushing motion and everything.  It is interesting to try and brush his teeth because he tries to like the toothbrush and he starts laughing when I brush his upper teeth.  

He is getting to be so big!  He has always loved my mugs, but now he has learned how to use the straw and he can actually drink out of them.  It is pretty cute, but now I have to fight him to get a drink out of my own mug.  Any time I get it out now he thinks that it is for him.



We got an ottoman for Christmas and keep some of Grayson's toys in there.  Grayson has really enjoyed having his toys in there.  He loves to climb inside and play with his toys.


Another big thing now, he is walking!!!  That's right we have a walker. It happened rather quickly actually.  When we came back from the break, he all of the sudden started showing interest in walking on his own.  I would look up and he would be standing in the middle of the floor trying to take a few more steps.  He liked to walk around holding one of my hands and would even push my hands away sometimes when I would try and  help him.  Within a week he showed a lot of progress and I see even more this week.  He is walking for longer periods of time and getting better with balancing.  Luckily, he is good about falling back onto his bottom so we haven't had any bad falls or bruises.  I love to see him walk, it is so cute!  He is very proud of himself too, every time he stands up, he has a huge grin on his face.

With his new walking skills, he has really been enjoying sweeping.  When I get the broom out to sweep the kitchen floor, he always wants to come help me.  


He even does a sweeping motion, he is pretty smart.  I'm sure all mothers think their mother is a genius, but i know mine is. :)



I can't believe how fast this year has gone by.  We are so incredibly lucky.  


No comments:

Post a Comment