Sunday, October 6, 2013

Grayson-isms

Grayson had his 18 month check up when we got back and he is healthy and doing well.

Height: 33 3/8"
Weight: 25 lbs 4.5 oz

I can't believe how big he is getting.  He is going to be 2 in just a few months.  He is talking a lot and starting to put words together.  Check out this cute video!


  • I found Grayson sitting next to my purse surrounded by gum wrappers.  I walked over, he smiled, drooled some peppermint, said "Mmmmm, gum!" and popped what turned out to be his sixth piece of gum in his mouth.
  • He has been showing interest in potty training, so we got him his own potty.  Lately, his toys and stuffed animals have been needing to go potty a lot.  We sometimes find his monkey stuffed into his toilet.  
  • Grayson is getting more imaginative.  He brought me his toy screwdriver (a squishy fat one from Ikea), called it ice cream and started to lick it.
  • His favorite things are trains, airplanes and cars.  
  • I have had to move his laundry basket and trash can because he will start pulling things out when he is supposed to be sleeping.  I actually found him sitting inside his laundry basket in his crib one time.
  • I kept stubbing my toe and so now Grayson frequently says "owie" and points to his foot.  
  • Anything we do, he likes to help with.  He helps me cook dinner and empty the dishwasher.  
  • He kneels down and folds his arms when we say family prayer and will even say his own prayers with our help.
  • He knows his friends' names now and gets so excited when he gets to play with them.
  • He is a big climber and quite the daredevil.  He doesn't scare easy and is pretty fearless on the playground, I have to keep an eye on him.  Oddly enough though, he sometimes is a little nervous going down slides.
  • He likes to say "hi" a lot!  If you don't say hi back, he will just keep saying it, louder and closer to you.  
  • Bath time is still a big favorite of his.  Anything to do with the water really.  He was helping me cook dinner the other day and he started dipping his graham crackers in the dish water.  
  • We got out Halloween decoration and he gets really excited any time he sees a pumpkin.

Motherhood is definitely a whole new world.  Here are some funny things that I never thought I would hear myself say:

"No one wants rocks on their head, buddy."
"Please get your mouth off my feet."
"Get the eyeball out of your mouth!"  (a consequence of getting the Halloween decorations out)
"No, toots come from your bum, not your back"
"I wiped your bum with that, please don't use it to wipe your face"
"Babies are not toys."
"Your monkey is all done going potty today" (That little monkey must have IBS or something)





No comments:

Post a Comment