Saturday, April 26, 2014

February

We kept ourselves busy in February.  We had a big step for Grayson, we potty trained him!  I took a crazy three days, put out some plastic in the living room and Grayson's bedroom and gave a big push.  I figured I would give it three days and if it didn't take, we'd put it off and try again in a few months.  It was definitely not fun, but by the end of the second day I was seeing some definite progress.  Now, he is doing amazing!  I would say by mid-March I felt like there was a drastic improvement and longer time between accidents.  He is a quick learner and I love not buying diapers!


I brought out different toys we don't play with as often to try and entice Grayson to stay on the plastic to make any accident clean up easier.  I made him a sensory bin with rice, dried bins and some other stuff.  There was a sensory bin at his art class and he loved it!  Now he loves playing with the bin, but man does it make a mess.  I think it was just tempting fate to hand a toddler rice and a spoon...oh boy was it a mess.

We got a couple pretty good snow storms this winter.  Trevor even got a few snow days.  




It started snowing at about 5pm and by the morning we had a good 12-18 inches of snow on the ground.  A couple of families in our complex went outside in the morning to play in the snow.  No one was driving, so there were people snowboarding and sledding down the streets.  It was awesome!  I couldn't go outside because I was watching the baby I nanny and didn't have any winter stuff for him.  My friends were so nice and took Grayson out sledding with their family so he could play in the snow for a little bit.  


He was excited to get out of the house.  It was on one of our potty training days and he even stayed dry while he was playing outside, I was really proud of him.  

I took Gray out to play in the snow again after nap time and the baby I nanny went home.  We had a great time.  We played with some friends, threw snowballs and built a snowman.



My sweet friend took Grayson for a ride on their sled.  Our kids took turns and they loved it. I was amazed at how much snow there was. 


That is our balcony that you see.  We are on the second floor, I almost felt like I could jump out the window into the snow, but I decided it was probably not a good idea.

For Valentine's Day weekend, we actually did a few fun things.  On the day of Valentine's Day, Trevor and I made fondue for dinner at home.  We did cheese fondue for appetizers and flavored broth to cook steak and shrimp.  I also had stuff for chocolate fondue, but we were so full that we saved it for another night.  The next evening, we went out to celebrate with some good friends of ours, Jane and Calvin.  We went to a nice restaurant and then went to a friend's house for a dance party afterwards.  We had a great time! 




Grayson was trying on our friend Joe's motorcycle helmet.  It was pretty cute.


Grayson got a fun package from his Grandma and Grandpa Moore to congratulate him on being potty trained.  He got super hero underwear and a Superman action figure.  He insisted on taking it to bed with him.

Since we have been at home in the mornings a lot more with the baby I nanny, I have been trying to come up with new fun things for us to do at home.  I found this idea on line and decided to try it.  I mixed a little bit of food coloring with shaving cream, gave him some paint brushes and put him in the bathtub in his swim trunks.




He had such a good time!  The clean up afterwards was just as fun as painting!  I will definitely be trying this again.






No comments:

Post a Comment