Saturday, March 9, 2013

Valentine's Day Weekend

Over Valentine's Day Weekend, Trevor was in DC from Thursday to Saturday for a Law Conference.  All of the wives agreed that it was not the best timing to plan a conference.  Grayson and I kept ourselves busy while Trevor was away.  We went to the park both days and met some friends there.  It was a lot of fun!  Grayson is really starting to enjoy the park.  He actually likes the big kid equipment better, which makes it fun for me since I get to chase him.  He really liked climbing through this one tunnel, which I could get through but it was interesting.  The funny part was when he kept trying to climb up the slide, he got very frustrated when he couldn't do it, but he sure made a very valiant effort.    After we left the park, we stopped by Whole Foods and got us some dinner and then went home.  We had a picnic in the living room and shared our tasty dinner while we watched The Aristocats.  The next day we went to the park again and then went to Married Institute (church study group) and enjoyed some time with friends.  Also, Trevor and I won some movie tickets (well I won technically but I figured I'll share with him ;) ) there.  Trevor came home late Saturday afternoon, but still enough time for us to go out to a tasty Valentine's Day dinner.  We went to Outback and enjoyed a delicious steak dinner!  We got appetizers and everything!  After we got home, we watched a movie with our friends who were kind enough to watch Grayson for us.

(Trevor here now): My conference in DC was great.  It was the 25 annual J. Reuben Clark Law Society Conference.  The Society is mainly for LDS lawyers, but is open to anyone wanting to promote religious values in the practice of law.  The highlights of the conference were speeches by Justice Clarence Thomas of the U.S. Supreme Court and Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve.  There was also number of break-out sessions discussing various legal topics and a lot of time to get to know other law students and lawyers from around the country.  All in all, it was a great time and hopefully I will get to go to others in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment