Every year, Charlottesville celebrates the blooming of the dogwoods with a festival. It lasts for a few weeks and they have all sorts of events over that time period. They have a carnival, a parade, bands and lots of other fun things. We decided to go check it out on the night of the pork barbecue.
The food was delicious! I love a good barbecue. The only negative side was the band that was playing. It was an oldies cover band which wasn't so bad, but they had their speakers up so loud it was deafening. I couldn't even here the servers when they were asking me what food I wanted. Luckily, it didn't bother Grayson, but we were sure to find a picnic table as far away from the pavilion as possible.
We caught a glimpse of the Dogwood Princess and her court posing for pictures. Then, we went to check out the carnival rides. Grayson really like walking around and was fascinated with all the games. I had to hang onto his hand tightly when we went past a game involving lots of rubber ducks in kiddy pools. He is still too small for any of the rides, but maybe next year. It was a fun family outing.
No comments:
Post a Comment