Sunday, July 14, 2013

Botanical Gardens

Grayson and I went to the Botanical Gardens again, we are trying to take advantage of our membership while we are here.  We started out in the 'Big Garden, Little Me' section this time.  Everything there is giant, it's awesome.  Grayson was very intrigued by the giant checker board. 


Next, we headed over to the children's garden.  They have different themed sections and we went to the dinosaur garden first.

Digging for dinosaur bones.

The rocks spray a mist over the ground.  

We had to check all of the water spots of course.  Grayson had to explore each rock.


This is the biggest water feature and I think it's his favorite.


We ended our morning with a visit to the butterfly house.  The butterflies were very active when we were there and it was beautiful.  They also have some turtles you can pet, which Grayson really likes, and a fish pond.  Have I mentioned how much I love the Botanical Gardens here yet?


Had to get him cleaned up before we headed home.  He was really mad that we were leaving until I let him play in the sink in the family bathroom.  He was covered in sand and soaking wet, so I had to rinse him off before I could put clean clothes on. He got all dried off and was happy to have a ride in the wagon back to the entrance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment