Our last day was a little sad, because my aunt and uncle had to leave in the morning and weren't able to come. We continued with our original plan though and spent the day at my parents' cabin. It was perfect weather, a little cooler and beautifully sunny.
The kids played outside and took turns in the boats.
Grayson got to have his first boat ride.
We had a hot dog barbecue and then played some more. My little family went to Falls Mill. Trevor didn't have a chance to go with us when his parents were visiting so we decided to swing by since we were so close. The water levels were much better this time so Grayson was able to get in and that of course made his day.
At the top of the water wheel.
Didn't take long!
Behind the mill.
I had to get in too to keep Grayson steady in the current, it wasn't strong, but strong enough to knock over a little munchkin. The water was freezing!! It did help me cool off a bit though. Grayson liked to try and catch the fish, but he didn't understand they were swimming away from him. We got to see crawdads swimming around too and Grayson thought that was cool too, he just said "ooooh!"
Walking back to the mill.
Daddy and munchkin on the way back up the hill.
Grayson and Trevor 'raced' up the hill.
What a cute face...despite the mosquito bite.
On our way up the hill, we saw a little green caterpillar suspended from a tree in the middle of the air. Grayson couldn't figure it out.
Front of the mill.
We headed back to the cabin and found my dad and brother in law, "digging to China" as my mom put it. They were digging a hole to put a post in so that they could hang up a hammock (my mom was inspired by the botanical gardens). As you can see, it was a pretty deep hole. Grayson had to investigate at a closer range.
Then he tried to help. Also, I will explain his lack of pant. I had a dry shirt in my bag, but no dry pants. Therefor after playing in the creek at Falls Mill he went around with no pants on. Luckily, that sort of thing is ok for little guys.
After that we called it a day and decided to head home. Grayson had gone to bed really late for the past two nights with all of the festivities and we wanted to make sure to get him in bed on time. We picked up dinner on the way home from Red Robin (yum!) and had a picnic at home. We watched 100 Dalmatians with Grayson yelling, "doggy, doggy" through pretty much the whole movie. I was getting Grayson's bath ready and thought he was behind me, when I came upon this:
I have a smart kid huh?! I know, I know, but I'm his mother, I can brag all I want. We are all worn out, but it was worth it and a fun three days. I am so blessed to have such an awesome family!
My husband, Trevor, and I were married in December 2007. My background is in Microbiology and my husband is studying law. We love logic, travel and movies. These are our adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment